Pages

July 27 - California Redwoods

Today, we went into Crescent City to drop off laundry and pick up a rental car. There is a lot of the Redwoods that you can't access with a RV.

We spent the afternoon fishing the Klamath River. The mouth of the river is on one side of the bank. The Pacific ocean on the other. It was a lovely afternoon.

The River Side

The Ocean Side



Big Birds!



Easton fished some, chased the seagulls and pelicans, and then picked up/threw rocks -- which didn't please the other two fisherman in our party. 





Chasing Sea Gulls





We caught lots of hungry little salmon. I caught mine on my second cast -- whoohoo!



While we were there, I took photos (trying out my new lens).



Easton, dragging a stick he was adamant about keeping.


Caden and Josh fished until the tide was coming in. I had to force them out. Apparently the thought of our jetty becoming submerged with the rising tide didn't bother them as much as it did me.

On our way back, I found fresh, giant bear tracks near the jetty's edge. Apparently, we weren't alone!!

We had planned on seeing some Redwood trees today, but fishing got the better of our afternoon. Somehow, I get the feeling that they aren't going anywhere, and they'll wait on us for one more day...

Campfire Chili for dinner and off to an early night's sleep. Caden and Josh have a date with a fishing boat at 5 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment